The East CAC will hold its May 2011 meeting on Monday, May 16th at 7 PM at Lions Park Community Center, 516 Dennis Avenue.
Raleigh was just named most sustainable mid-size city by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. We’ll have John Burns and Benson Kirkman, members of Raleigh’s Environmental Advisory Board, here to discuss Raleigh’s sustainability efforts.
We’ll also set some time aside at our meeting to discuss last month’s
devastating tornado and how it affected our neighborhoods. Share your stories about where you were, how you were affected, and how you are faring now. We’ll have a group of N.C. architects, including some with expertise in post-disaster recovery, present to discuss the aftermath of last month’s tornado. They will be available to listen to residents’ concerns and offer advice on issues including working with contractors, tapping into available resources, and community preservation.
As usual, our meeting will be streamed online at http://www.eastraleigh.org/stream.html
Below is our full agenda. See you there!
1. Welcome & Announcements
2. (7:00) Approval of April 2011 Minutes
3. (7:00 – 7:05) Success Reports
4. (7:05 – 7:10) Neighborhood Reports
5. (7:10 – 7:15) Parks & Rec Report
6. (7:15 – 7:30) Police Report
7. (7:30 – 7:50) The Environmental Advisory Board and Raleigh’s
Push for Sustainability – John Burns and Benson Kirkman
8. (7:50 – 8:20) Tornado tales – neighbors share stories of the April
16th tornado and hear from N.C. architects with recovery advice
9. (8:20 – 8:25) Other announcements
10. (8:25) Adjournment